Before deciding to buy a smartphone make sure which system provides all these functions with ease.
Android 2.2: Versatile
Number of Applications: 95,154
App Store: Android Market
Smartphone: HTC Desire
- Pros: Android relatively flexible system. Users can combine Apps, Folders, and other Widgets and download one another in the Android Market interface. Info bar was handy for the user, for example, to find out the application (app) enabled. Relatively fast browser, including when opening a website with flash. Interestingly again, the user can cancel the purchase paid application and get the money back. Condition, the cancellation is done within 15 minutes after the transaction. comunicate and each app can use the contacts and schedules. Sense the presence of interfaces and tools sync from HTC increasingly give a positive impression.
- Weaknesses: compared with the IOS, Android is still lose out on intuitive. Users still need time to find some system option and third-party file manager. In addition to the less accurate search function, many also found the application "junk" that is less useful. Finally without a credit card there is only free applications. Prospective buyers also need to be careful because there are still some Android 1.6 smartphones on the market and offers no official update from the manufacturer.
Symbian 3: renew system
Number of Applications: 19,625
Store: Store OVI
Smartphone: Nokia N8
- Pros: compared to the previous version, symbian 3 is now more finger friendly and responsive while on-the data input. Several new features on the system that inovatively present by nokia symbian 3, such as Web TV, Real multitasking, multiple homescreen, and USB OTG (USB On The Go). USB OTG provides facilities-based BGI symbian 3 smartphone users, such as the Nokia N8 to accsess directly files stored on external USB hard disks, USB Flash Drive (UFD), or any other smartphone (if assigned as a storage medium).
- Weaknesses: Like previous versions of Symbian, a user who daily use this smartphone will inevitably complain about the navigation menu is a little less practical and sometimes difficult to understand (the name is too abbreviated menu). In addition, the guidance when navigating the interface was just little. Indeed this problem on the user only happen on veteran (old) symbian. Performance browser and a standard touch-screen keyboard is also one other disadvantage.
Windows 7 Phone: Newbie
Number of Applications: 292
Smartphone: LG-E900 Optimus 7
- Pros: Windows 7 Phone has a different interface than other smartphone interface. Product differentiation that Microsoft deliberately taken their smartphones are "outside" competitors. Its interface consists of two parts, namely a box called a hub and a second part to the Tools and Options. Windows Live is available through the account service mail, contacts, calendar. Users can also access its online store (Marketplace) and free safety facilities. Through the browser and the GPS, users can find the location, memblokirdan reset smartphones.
- Weaknesses: Microsoft make radical changes in this new system. For example, third-party applications (third party) should not be active on background, no folders, access multimedia files to go through the Zune, and Office data must be stored online on SkyDrive. It is because they are new, arbitrarily potential of mobile platforms is not optimal.