news
Sunday 4 April 2010

Lock My Documents Folder Path

If you are a user of Windows 9x or Windows Me, you would have to know where the default location of My Documents in Microsoft Windows. On Windows Me or lower versions, Microsoft is putting the My Documents folder on the C: \ My Documents \. Unlike NT-based operating systems like Windows NT, 2000 and XP. Various operating systems are put My Documents folder on c: \ Documents and Settings \ <username> \ My Documents \. Although the above folder is the default folder, users can still change it.

Suppose the user wants to put the document on another drive dedicated to storing data. He simply right-click [My Documents], then select [Properties]. In the Target folder location, users can define the location of the new document. For administrators, if they manage computers used by users who frequently move the documents folder, of course, their management becomes a bit more difficult. Will better if you specify a place to store documents, then lock it so that chaos can be avoided. Here's how to lock the My Documents folder via Group Policy Editor

  • Click [Start]> [Run ...] and then type gpedit.msc to run Group Policy editor.
  • Go to the folder Local Computer Policy \ User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Desktop.
  • Double-click Prohibit user from changing settings for My Documents path located at the top right of the window.
  • Select the radio button [Enabled].
  • Click [OK], then close the Group Policy window.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer